Deciding to install a new landscape can be daunting…a large percent of your home’s value is your landscape, which is no small investment. So to help you all out, we’ve compiled some tips on how to select the right landscaper.
Define Your Vision.
What do you want from your outdoor space? Decide what is most important to you.
- Is it the overall aesthetic? Is it the quality of construction. Do you want specific building materials? Maybe there are certain colors, plants, or features you want.
- Do you like to cook and entertain guests? Then maybe an outdoor kitchen is in order.
- Perhaps you like to unwind with a glass of wine and a book. You might enjoy some shade, and a little privacy — how about a hammock enclave? Or possibly a cabana, with a nearby fountain to add some ambience?
- Do you enjoy the water? Would you like to create a personal “staycation getaway” with a pool or a spa?
- Maybe you have some specific features you can’t do without, like outdoor lighting, irrigation, a retaining wall, patio, deck, pond or waterfall?
Whatever it is that you like, now is the time to dream and collect your inspirations. Eden can do anything from a small project like cutting your grass or building your perfect deck to entertain.
What if I have a dream developing, but no specific ideas just yet?
How would you like the new landscape to function? What’s the value you want to get from the space you create? Relaxation? Curb appeal? Investment in the home’s resale value?
Make a list of must-haves and nice-to-haves. Create a file of images with features you really like. Close your eyes and dream a little. You’ll want to share all of this with your landscaping consultants.
Set a budget and timelines
Be sure to define a budget range and timeline for completion. It’s important to share these important factors with your landscaping consultants, they need to understand the resources they’ll be working with.
Book a consultation
Request a consultation and quote. Don’t let that scare you. It allows the team to put their best efforts into your quote, and compensates them for their creativity and original ideas.
A few quick tips:
- Meet with your landscaper in person.
- Pay attention to how well they listen to your vision. Do they get it?
- How well do they explain different options and services they provide? Their suggestions should align well with your dreams and needs — and with your timeline and funds!
How did you feel when you spoke with the company’s representative? Did you feel that you could trust them? Did they they meet with you on time, as scheduled? Did they take the time to listen and understand
Make your choice
It’s gut check time! Choosing the best landscaper for your home can be exciting, and maybe a little daunting. Remember, it’s your dream project, you want the right professionals to bring the dream to your backyard. Rest easy and enjoy the project knowing you did your homework.
Eden can help you with any project, big or small. Be sure to contact us at anytime you have questions or need help with a new landscape design for your home and business.